Thursday, July 7, 2011

My Starbucks Anthem, The Everlasting Story Part 1

Don't get me wrong here...if i've posted something 'global-branded' thing doesn't mean i'm bluffing/adv.crazed. The reason i'm dedicated something to post here, because i'm been there, i'm falling in love/addicted to it. So not strange enough now if i'm dedicated to the lovely place i've been hangin' around right now. Yes, Starbucks Coffee is the 'global-branded' king, the mainstream space, coffee culture founder, the old man of the cafe euphoria. I've been there not just sip my favorite drinks, but also a place for me to socialized, to blog around (the free Wi-Fi (unripped-off) there was amazing!), and simply enough, to get relax (the interior indie-BGM, cool!) . For me Starbucks not just a cafe, it's more like convenient-slash-cult oasis.  
                                  

Yeah...the ingenious logo shoot up there i took from Starbucks Pondok Indah Mall 2, Jakarta. I love the place, it's semi-courtyard in the middle of shopping center, when my family just want to shopping-shopping-shopping i've just place my ass there, as i don't really like lingering shop-2-shop, just exhausting. I can sit there by hours and won't get bored, i think the place speak itself. Just like the 'space' on architecture, it has many meanings, and Starbucks gives me the awesome meaning to it, cozy, comfort, careless.

While i'm really enjoyed my time there, it doesn't mean i love all the concoctions, as my taste was turned to be resistible one. Here...my reviews of Starbucks drinks part 1 that i've tasted regularly. All the item's photo below was courtesy of Starbucks web mecca itself.  

1. Iced Green Tea Latte, my addiction, my #1 favorite, i loved the contrast between the sharp matcha with milk that makes it mild and comforting. See my earlier post here.

Tazo® Iced Green Tea Latte

2. Caffe Misto, the poor/ghetto version of cafe latte, the cheapo alternative(beside regular brewed one). The tasted very much like ordinary latte, but because it's Starbucks, the coffee part tasted really strong, intense flavour. I liked whether it's hot/cold and sometimes add vanilla/caramel flavour into it. Nice and affordable if i'm in the broke conditions.

Caffè Misto

3. Iced Caramel Macchiato, well...it's my first Starbucks experienced. I've remembered that i've really had enough of the taste, it's the strong coffee note that made me headache (how embarrassing! I'm a coffee-phobic that time, err...before i'm entered campus, you know, when my time-phases still normal). But now, it just refreshing enough.

Iced Caramel Macchiato

4. Okay...next up Iced Coffee, the vice-versa of earlier, when i'm struggling in architecture days, i've become extremist person. I love the bitterness, sharpness of the coffee note to maintained my bitter/sharp/hurt/emotional/depressed/humiliated of my already scattered heart from my post-annihilation of the architecture studio sessions. It's my truly 'marijuana'-caffeine-loaded of my psychological-aid until now. 

Iced Coffee

5. Java Chip Frappuccino, okay...this is the trendy stuff that i'm really regret tasting it. As i much liked iced coffee, i don't really get it the concept of heavy-loaded-of-ice-mix with the ever-wonderful Starbucks drinks. It's overdone, as i don't like froze-bite in my tongue over my already air-conditioned-bite body, not good. So this drinks was my trend-entry, thanks to the discount-BOGO-bank-promotion, just shared with my friends though. Good choice when my opportunist mode just turned on.

   Java Chip Frappuccino® Blended Coffee   

PS: Ha! I told you this reviews was a part 1, so it will be continued, SERIOUSLY!

1 comment: