Saturday, June 4, 2011

Architecture That Killed Lousy Tinkerbell (WISH!)

In my last time of architecture college (final exam now!), sometimes i really missed the days of torture and sorrow in design studio. The agony from my mentors, tortured us like spending time watching Stephen King's works (which happened to be my favorites), mocked us about how really shit our fruit from our labours was (talk about crap!). Since that times, i grew not only become very appreciated to all artisan work (architect, painter, musician, artist, etc), but more important is to be daredevil, unafraid to try new concept, enhancing creativity. Salute to all my architecture college mentors XOXO, i'm thanked them so much *sob*.

Okay...!You don't think i'll be goodie-goodie student and not forgetting all horrible things that those 'nazi' did to me, don't you? Off course...NOT, architecture to me is love/hate, on/off relationship. Hate/off/negative things dominantly because the people's part, the design/art part is my favorite. It's an art that we can live in it. How appropiate to use art or what?

So many books i got inspired naturally/forced by crazy 'nazi' mentors. But i'll must say Verb Boogazine series it's my favorite. I'm only had one (Verb : Conditioning), which inside has my personal pick of project, Absinth' Air by Decosterd&Rahm. Coolest factor about the project is; it's not even a building, it's not just interior, it's experimental installation of the senses.

Some mere installation offered visual wonder, gaudiesque chi-chi interior, or even sci-fi laser thingy effect, but not this. Do you ever experience 'real' green fairy existence in just one room visiting? i'm not talk ing about that damn annoying flying cartoon creature, act-cuter, pet of her freaking act-childish-over-indulge boss. If you want to see fairy, feeling like one, just drink couple slosh of absinth then, why not? Halucinating is sounds 100x cooler than watch and imagining...lame cartoon character. Err...i never taste absinth before, i doubt they ever existed in my country. But i want that, at least a slosh, i want to see the green-blue flame dancing around my shot (pathetic?). I'm even wondered if i can get the Staroplzenecky one, the Czech's absinth reknown brand, i'm crazy about the ceramic-goth memorabilia veil, SUITE!


The Absinth' Air installation is a making 'sense' project by vaporized absinth, so we visitors can inhale and start experiencing green fairy seduces our mind. It's get even better, you're not even got drunk! Playing safe, but in better efforts. I wish i can get in there, even only temporary, why not event like these become regular??? Decosterd&Rahm, you guys ROCKX!!! 

PS: Look at the warning sign sticky over the entrance, NICE!

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha... indeed, it's a love/hate relationship. So I wonder, what will truly satisfy our curious minds? Like if u tink abt it, will u die without it? not really, but will u be happy without it? Maybe not, maybe yes. Will u be happy in it? Sometimes yes but with major complaining. So wad's best to do? I have no idea. Pick one and pshyco urself to be happy.. ha3...

    ReplyDelete