Saturday, June 25, 2011

My Humble Tribute For Extraordinary Mr. Burton's Part 1

"...'Twas a long time ago, longer now than it seems, in a place that perhaps you've seen in your dreams. For the story that you are about to be told takes place in the holiday worlds of old. Now, you've probably wondered where holidays come from. If you haven't, I say it's time you've begun!..."

.Irony.Death.Sorrow.Shadow.Puppet.Pop.Sarcasm.Melody.Requiem.Love.

So...
Those Top 10 essentials stuff came from a very exceptional creations.
Almost genius i'll say.
Recognized.
Realized.
Admired.
Who???
Well...it's Burton.
Tim Burton, he is.


The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993), it's my very 'virginal' experience with Burton's work, i'm still 1st-2nd grade that time. Just the perfect time i'd found my other addiction of Coppola's, and it's wayyyyyyyyyy different than that damn twilight...!Jeez...Vampire should be like Count Dracula, not dimwit-sissy-gliterry-asshole like. Bram Stoker will be ashamed. As for TNBC, it's not something that 7-8 yrs old children can easily swallowed. I'm enjoyed the puppet, and the songs, but not the story. As a mere kids, i found TNBC to be a scarry, rather than funny cartoon. Okay it's not cartoon afterall, as i'm grew up, i discovered further that it's a stop motion film. It was a modernized of puppetier show. Brilliant.

Tim Burton's cult phenomenon, it's exactly like Bjork's. Both started in 1990's era, had huge followers since then, quirky sense, and so on. Funny..., it became a state of coolnessy for some so-called-quirky-kids right now. Despite my act of judge, i think Tim Burton had success to push-out boundaries in both modern story-telling and cinematography, his work was a honest example of the meaningness from life and death. I had my personal favorites here, well two stuffs only; one is Zero, Jack Skellington's dog, and The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy & Other Stories, hardcover series. I wish i had more Burton's workabilias, as i don't want to called it merchandise, 'cause it will be...you know, DISRESPECTFUL!


"...I'm a master of fright and a demon of light and I'll scare you right out of your pants. To a guy in Kentucky I'm Mister Unlucky and I'm known throughout England and France. And since I am dead I can take off my head to recite Shakespearean quotations. No animal nor man can scream like I can, with the fury of my recitations..."

O...Mr. Skellington, you're way too charming for a bones, more than Mr.Bond for me, love you.

Well...talk about charm-genesis phenomenon,
I should make a story from it,
...soon.


1 comment:

  1. Tim Burton is a King. Thanks for the clip, it's been a while since I seen it, and drop by me too when you have time.

    ReplyDelete